Friday, April 23, 2010

I think I'm going to be sick

Ok, so I've started the HCG diet and I'm now on day 2. Yes, it is a fad diet right now, but people I know and other people who know other people have done this diet and seen real results that last. One of my co-workers told me maybe I should consider a lifestyle change as opposed to fad diets. Well... if a fad diet is what it takes to get the job done, so be it. This is for my career. If you don't know what it is, you are restricted to 500 calories for up to 40 days exclusively including lean protein, fruits and vegetables. No dairy, carbs, sugars, or fats. You take the HCG hormone which women produce when they are pregnant. The hormone sucks abnormal fat from your body to energize 1500 to 4,000 calories of it a day to feed to a baby when a woman is experiencing morning sickness. It's the same concept but there is no baby and no throwing up. It just sucks fat. The first two days of the diet you are suppose to load up on fats to jump start the burning on day 3 and keep you satisfied throughout the diet. Results can be up to 20-30 lbs lost during the 30-40 days on the diet. It resets your metabolism which I have none and gets you in the habit of eating healthy, clean foods. So, I'm now on day 2 of gorging and I think I am going to be sick!! Yesterday, I loaded up on fries, flavored iced coffees with heavy cream, cinnamon rolls and deep fried chalupas. I've never eaten so much fried foods in my life in one day. I think the real theory behind this is to make you sick of these foods so you never eat them again. That thought isn't to far from my mind right now. Today, it's Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Burger King value meals. The odd thing is they say if you don't load up on enough food, it's a bad thing. You'll experiaence headaches and withdrawls about 5 days into the 500 calorie diet. Well, I'm experiencing moments of nausea and longings for a hug from a bathroom toliet. These foods are the reason I'm in this situation in the first place so I guess I should get it all out. Take out all my frustration against them and realize the agony they've caused me my entire life. Trust me. I'm feeling it now!!

Tomorrow starts the 500 calorie diet. Oh, and if you are wondering why I am doing this to myself, it's all for my future and career. I have been given some direction to get my weight under control-- a harsh reality I've stored in the back of my mind for.. well.. ever because CONTROL is hard. Let's face it. I work in an appearance based industry. My appearance is just as valued as my talent. So this is it. This is for my future and my happiness. I am doing whatever it takes. God uses whatever it takes to get our attention and in this case it's my career. He knows how much I value it and how OBSESSED I am with it right now so he's given me a swift kick in order to get healthy. I can't wait to see what this journey entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment